On April 25, 2013 the Hespeler Tennis Club was incorporated as a not for profit corporation under the Ontario Corporations Act. The current board of directors has passed an initial by-law which outlines how the corporation is to operate. In order to be effective, this bylaw must be ratified by at least 2/3rds of the voting members of the tennis club who attend at the first annual general meeting.
Voting members include:
- All individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who have paid their annual membership dues;
- All individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who are employed directly or indirectly as coaches by the Corporation; and
- All representatives of such corporations, partnerships and other legal entities s are admitted as members by the Board.
A copy of the proposed bylaw can be found here: HTC By-Law #1
Formal notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting of the members of the Hespeler Tennis Club will be held at Betroth at 15 Queen Street East, Cambridge, Ontario on September 28, 2013 at 7:00p.m., for the purpose of:
- Receiving and considering Bylaw #1.
- Hearing and receiving the reports and statements required by the Corporations Act of the Province of Ontario;
- Electing directors;
- Electing the president; and
- And for the transaction of such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.