COVID-19: Approval to Reopen and Guidelines for Play
Sunday June 14, 2020
We're happy to announce that the Hespeler Tennis Club as been approved to open for the 2020 season! As directed by the City of Cambridge, we will follow guidelines set by Tennis Canada and the OTA, as well as all regional and provincial regulations.
- Tennis Canada's Recommendations for a Progressive Return to Playing Tennis
- OTA's "Return to Play" guidelines
Due to COVID-19, a staff member will be present at all hours of operation to ensure members adhere to club rules and social distancing guidelines. The club hours of operation are 8am-noon and 3-10pm. The court gate will not be open when there is no HTC Staff Member present.
Below are some general guidelines to playing tennis at HTC at this time:
- All players must register via the HTC website.
- All court time will require an online booking with the names of all players (even those from the same household).
- Courts must be booked online prior to play. Please do not show up at the courts unless you have a court time booked.
- A database will be kept containing the information from the online booking system to enable members to be contacted should the need arise.
- Players are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their court time. Designated wait areas will be established to support social distancing guidelines.
- An HTC Staff Member will sanitize washrooms and common area surfaces after use.
- Each player/household must provide their own tennis balls. Tennis balls must be clearly marked to indicate the owner. The club will have tennis balls for sale for $5 per can (please bring exact change to be placed into a container such that HTC staff will not need to handle the money) .
- Only the owner of the tennis ball should handle it.
- While playing practice social distancing at all times.
- There shall be no congregation before/after playing.
- Players shall refrain from touching court gates, net, and net posts.
- Players shall not change ends over the duration of their court time.
- The Club Pro will be available to book lessons in accordance with OTA guidelines.
- Each player should bring their own can of tennis balls and should only pickup those balls
- Players should do their best to keep 2 metres apart while playing
- Only courts 1 and 3 can be booked for doubles (this enables us to have a maximum of 10 people on the 3 courts at the same time)
Failure to follow instructions and guidance provided by HTC staff will result in removal from the HTC for the year without refund of registration fees.
The use of personal protective equipment is at the discretion of each member and will not be enforced; however, the use of face masks and/or gloves should be considered.
Please do not come to HTC if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are considered vulnerable or at high risk of life-threatening complications should you contract COVID-19.
The Hespeler Tennis Club retains the right to refuse court time to anyone showing flu-like symptoms.